Serving Size : 4
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 15 ounce can black beans and 1 cup frozen corn (I like TJ’S roasted)
- 1 small red bell pepper — finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. Spread the quinoa on a baking sheet; refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile combine the ground cumin, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper in a jar and shake until combined. Pour the dressing into a bowl and add the black beans, roasted corn, red bell pepper and cilantro a Scrape the quinoa into the bowl, season with salt and pepper and serve.
The quinoa salad can be refrigerated overnight.
Source: sent by Brian Samson
“adapted from a recipe in Food and Wine, May 2010″