Best wings I’ve had in well over a decade and the recipe comes directly from a Korean cookbook.
The Kimchi Chronicles plays host to more than just recipes. It’s a story of family, tradition and overcoming a life that started out behind the 8 ball. I highly recommend you picking up this book and digging into the PBS content created for their TV special.
If you don’t have access to a Korea Town in your neck of the woods you can log on to H Mart and place your order.
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger minced
- 2 lbs of chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons of red pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of red pepper powder (gochugaru)
- 1 tablespoon of roasted sesame seeds
Vegetable oil, Flour and Kosher Salt
Add all the ingredients for the marinade into a working bowl… then whisk. Introduce the wings to the marinade and give the wings a good mix. Cover with plastic wrap and let the wings sit for 2o mins at room temp.
While enjoy their 20 minute spa treatment it’s time to make the sauce. A sauce that could easily change your life! Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and whisk.
Once the marinating process is complete dredge the wings in flour and then heat up your veggie oil in a wide deep saucepan until hot enough for frying. (The cookbook suggested tossing in a small piece of bread to tell if the oil is ready for frying). Fry the wings for 10 minutes while turning occasionally. Remove and place finished wings on a plate lined with a paper towel.
Once done add the wings to the sauce, mix until fully covered. Plate and then sprinkle with kosher salt and ENJOY!!!!
Become a Fan of G Dude