Beer Can Chicken is a great way to ensure your chicken is cooked to perfection…Crispy on the outside and moist inside!
- 4 pound chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 can of beer
- Spice rub (see below)
- BBQ sauce
1. Remove Giblets. Rinse chicken with the lemon juice. Pat dry with paper towels. Put on your spice rub. Could be any rub you want. Empty beer to half a can.
2. Place the beer can on the grill over indirect heat. Grill should be at 300-325 degrees (medium-high heat) Put the chicken on the beer can and cover for 1 hour 15 minutes..or to chicken thigh meat reaches 180 degrees F.
How to tell the temp of a charcoal grill
3. With 15 minutes to go lightly brush your BBQ sauce over the bird so it gives the chicken a nice glaze. When finished, remove from grill, take the can out and let the bird sit for 10 minutes.
4. Carve and enjoy!
Uncle Bill’s DRY RUB:
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika
- 2 teaspoons of LIGHT brown sugar
- The zest of 1 lime
email me your favorite recipes and shoot a video of you makin it! email@example.com