- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 or 3 eggs
- Panko bread crumbs
- Vegatable oil
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Italian seasoning (if you have it!)
Tomato Salsa, a.k.a Mini Marinara
- 3/4 of a medium yellow onion (or white) – chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes – 15 oz
- Kosher salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
Rinse the chicken with lemon or lime juice. Drain and pound the chicken flat.
- Cover the chicken breast in the flour (season the flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning)
- Dip the breast in the eggs (beat the eggs and season with salt & pepper)
- Cover the breast with the panko bread crumbs just like you’d put sprinkles on an ice cream cone!
- Repeat until all 4 breast are tarred and panko’ed!
Next… in a large saute pan heat up the vegatable oil. You want the oil level to just break the edge of the breast around 1/4 of an inch of oil. NOTE, you need to make sure that oil is pipping hot. Test with panko bread crumbs from the plate. Once it’s good and hot place the cutlets in the oil and let each side get golden brown. You will know when to flip. But if you don’t check around a minute or so.
Moving on… Place the cutlets on a baking tray that has been sprayed with PAM and put that tray into the oven, which is pre-heated to 375. 10-12 minutes should work well depending on your oven.
While the chicken is baking pour a tablespoon and a half of vegetable oil in your a saute pan at med-high heat. Once the oil is hot drop the chopped onion in and saute for around 2-3 mins. Then add garlic and saute for another minute or so. Once the the veggies are tender add your can of diced tomatoes and mix. Then add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. Let it all meld together until chicken is cooked!
Plate the chicken and top with the Tomato Salsa. Garnish with parsley for attitude!