Goldilocks gets BUSTED!
If there is 1 thing Goldilocks loves, it’s breaking and entering! So if you aren’t up for a life of crime then I suggest you follow the easy steps below and make your own chili and forego possible jail time.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Sized Yellow Onion – Chopped
- 3 Gloves of Garlic – Minced
- 3 Tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 2 Teaspoon of Oregano
- 2 Spicey Italian Chicken Sausage – removed from casings
- 1 Pound of Lean Ground Turkey Meat
- 1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce – Chopped
- 1 Can of Baked Beans (rinsed)
- 1 Can of Mixed Beans; Pinto and Kidney (rinsed) or…just use the beans you like!
- 1 28 oz Can of Tomato Puree
- 1 15 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Toppings: - optional
- Diced Jalapeno
- Chopped Parsley
- Shredded Cheese (can’t go wrong w/ Cheddar)
- Sour Cream – if you into it
- Tabasco Sauce and Red Pepper Flakes
Directions: – not optional!
In your pot heat up the Veggie oil (med-high heat) and then add in your onions for about a minute before you add your garlic. Then add the seasoning; chili powder, paprika, oregano and cumin. Once the spices are introduced to the onion and garlic add in your sausage. Brown the meat for about 3 minutes before adding your ground turkey. Cook the meat through for 8 minutes or so. You’ll know when the meat is done, ask yourself…would I eat that right now? When the answer is yes, add in your tomato paste and chipotle pepper. Mix that up and then intro the beans. Another mix of pot and then add your cans of tomato sauce. Season w/ salt and pepper, mix it up and cover for at least an hour on simmer. Stir occasionally.
Serves 6 people
This recipe was inspired from the cookbook “Bride & Groom, First and Forever Cookbook” a gift from my grandmother (who i LIVE for). It also makes for a GREAT wedding gift, if you’re looking for ideas.